Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January Monthly Update

Randomer has moved... yet again. Hopefully Blogspot will be Randomer's home for a long time to come. But first off, why the move? Well I had to weigh the pros and the cons:

Pros:
1. When I head off to school, I will be able to update it from anywhere. At Randomer's previous home was my home, and while it worked really well with no advertising whatsoever, I could only work on it while at home. So it is now accessible from anywhere.
2. I can email posts. Even if I am behind the school filter, I can still email posts in if I so desire. See: Randomer: They think they can stop me...
3. Very low maintenance - virtually maintenance free! Instead of manually creating the post pages, updating the news page, updating the recent articles page, updating the archive every month, and making individual archive by topic pages -- it does it all for me! Archive is automatic, the news and recent articles pages are basically merged into one, and all I have to do is add labels to my posts. You can see the labels on the top of the right side, and that allows you to browse posts by topic.
4. The possibility of a larger audience. Hopefully because I am now on Blogger, more people will run across my blog. (Wow, it really is a blog now, isn't it?)

Cons:
1. It is no longer my own personalized website, and isn't quite as flexible as the old Randomer.

See? That was a pretty easy decision!

So yes, http://randomer.blogspot.com is Randomer's new home. The old addresses will get you to the new Randomer, but it is http://randomer.blogspot.com now.

So now, for some of the best posts from January:

Mute Grab



Iron Cross Tail Grab
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Brace Free
I no longer have braces. I am free!

WCCN
and
WCCN: An Update
My experiences at WCCN, and my ongoing attempt to set up an ed for an employment type thing there.

Let's think about this for a minute.
What may end up being the most controversial article of the year (if people actually take the time to read through the whole thing.) It bassically disects and points out all the flaws in an editorial that graced last week's issue of the Clark County Press.

Goo's Recommended Heavy Christian Bands
Foreword: I was asked to pick a bunch of heavy-ish Christian bands and select my favorite album by them, and possibly compare said band to a secular band. This may be slightly difficult, as my one of the things that makes me select a band to follow/listen to is originality. If a band has an average sound with mediocre lyrics... I'm just like "Eh, no good. Next please!" So most of these have a fairly individual sound. Also, I am including at least one URL so you can go take a listen.

Districts 2007
A video that I edited for church of our youth group's time at Districts.

No comments: