Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brace Free


As of today, I am 100% brace free! Now, I am not nearly orthodontist-free yet. I never truly will be, either. They expect me to wear my upper retain my whole life, but in 5 years I may not even know where it is anymore. My bottom retainer, however, will be with me forever because it is permanent. I don't really like the idea of having a mini-cable glued to the backs of my bottom teeth until the day I die, but I guess that's the way it is.


So about that retainer:


My first appointment this morning lasted until about 10:40. After that, I had to wait around marshfield for over 4 hours until 3 o'clock when these orthodontical peeps were supposed to fit me with a retainer. I ate, did a quick bit of shopping, and then sat in a Starbucks for 3 hours doing homework and reading a book. I arrive at the orthodontist's, sit around waiting for them some more, and I finally get to get my retainer. The person place3s it in my mouth and tells me to bite down. When I comply, it completely shifts out of alignment. "Oh crap," I think, "I hope she can fix this." Well, she couldn't. It turns out that the reatiner was "distorted."


Right now I am waiting for another one and a half to two hours whilst they make me a brand new retainer to replace my 15-minute-old one.


I'm supposed to be doing important things right now, but instead I just had to try doing more homework. That, and this bit of writing. Well now I have something to post on Randomer! The last half of December and all of January so far has been pretty bleak on the postage front. Well, here's a little bit of something!


Wait, it is finally quarter to five! That's when she said that she would be done making my double new retainer. I am betting 20 more minutes, give or take 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome.
i totally got my braces off like that same day.

Goo said...

no way! are you serious?