Monday, January 22, 2007

WCCN

Today I spent 2 hours at WCCN sitting in with Paul Dickenson on the air. He showed me around the station, and explained how equipment worked, among other things. I am contemplating going into broadcasting, and the whole experience was really cool, not to mention extremely fun! For about ten minutes at the end, I got to screw around in their recording studio. Paul Knopf gave me several news stories to read, and I just got to play around for about ten minutes recording my voice. I could have been at that for hours!

I am hoping that I get the OK to do an ed for employment type thing so that I could go up there for like a class period a day or something of that nature. They all sounded pretty positive, so keep your fingers crossed!

Today was in the making for a while, and I still haven't quite gotten to an ed for employment type situation, so the journey isn't quite done (not like it ever really will be.) Here are a couple of journal entries leading up to today:


1/10/07

For the past couple of months I have been pondering what I should do with my life: where I should go [to school], what I should major in.

Well lately, I have been thinking a great deal about the broadcasting field. I would totally love to be a DJ!

Anyhow, my current short term goal has been to set up an interview with one of the guys from WCCn & to find out some stuff. So my dad was like "I've gotta call WCCN tomorrow, and I can set up an appointment for you." Well, I get home from school today and I said something about stopping by Mom's to pick up some stuff. And he was like "well I guess she told you my news, then," and I replied "No she wasn't there. So what's the news?"

So I guess he called up WCCN & was talking to Paul Knopf, and Knopf was like "Well that's funny that you called today!" I guess on Monday they are going to have a meeting to decide if they want to start some type of a work shadow person program... which is exactly waht I wanted!

So yeah, if this all falls into place it will TOTALLY be a God thing!

We'll see how it goes down.

1/11/07

This whole WCCN thing really has me on the edge of my seat! I can't wait to see how the whole thing pans out!

All in God's good timing, I suppose.

1/16/06

So about the WCCN work shadow thing:
They're interested! Now I've got to get in contact with a Paul Dickenson? or something. That's all I know. So really, I'm not too much further along t han I was before! But I'm going to get in contact and see what's up.

1/17/07

So today during study-hall I called and got our first meet set up! Monday, for both of my study halls. 10:40-12:40. Yes! It is on! w00t w00t! Yeah son! dang I'm excited!
Monday monday, so good to me!

this is going to be good!


Like I said, I haven't reached the end of the road yet. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: