Sunday, June 17, 2007

Writing about writing about writing

Written on 6/14/07

It is quarter after 11 on a Thursday night, and I need to be up for work tomorrow by 6:45 at the latest. I really shouldn't be writing, but I feel like I need to sit down and type for a while. For the past couple of weeks and even months, just sitting down and writing was a pain full procedure. Well, each of the last three or four nights I have dedicated up to an hour of time between 10 and 11 to just write, and I believe its been paying off. Just going through the motions of writing has helped aid in the actual thing, and it has become a great way to relax and unwind. The obvious downfall to writing late at night is that my brain usually isn't working up to its full capacity, so I tend to write at a lesser level than what I am capable of.

On an aside, I've seemed to notice that whenever I sit down and just start typing, most often times I end up writing about writing. Well I guess now here I am writing about writing about writing, and now I'm writing about writing about writing about writing... I think it is because that is what my brain has been dwelling on: the actual process of trying to transform thoughts into written words. What I must do is accustom myself to doing just that, and then shift my thinking from the process over to the actual content of what I am writing (some of the same sort of ideas I wrote about last night.)

Yet, sometimes it is just fun to babble on. And it's fun to be able to chill out on my futon with my laptop cradled between my legs, no cords attached, and to be able to type away in optimum comfort. Ah, it's just bliss!

I've now been writing for only ten minutes, but it is getting way to late. I must retire. (Ha, who says that? Retire. (as in go to sleep) I guess I do. I used the word gander today while I was talking to an old guy, and he was just like "Gander?" and I was like "Yeah, gander." Gander this you old fart. I'm just kidding, he really wasn't that old; but he was older than me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i use gander all the time! :) ha!

-mara-