Monday, February 5, 2007

Is this what one calls a "cold day?"

Last night during the Superbowl (good job Colts!) there was a scroller on the bottom of the screen listing local school delays, and it included my high school. I thought "Sweet, I get to sleep in, get a little bit of work done, what a great way to start the week!"

So this morning I slept in, went on the computer, took my time in the shower, shaved, ate a salad for breakfast (yummy), and read some of Jeremiah.

We get into my freezing cold car and head for school. As we crest the top of the hill, we're all like "What the Heck? There's no one here!" I drove up to the entrance, jumped out of the car, and stuck my head in the door. Almost all of the lights were shut off, and there was one janitor standing there looking at me funny. I run back to the car, and said "We're leaving."

"What, there's no school today?"

"I dunno," I replied, "We're going home." Once we arrived home, we checked online, and sure enough, no school today! So now I'm backing up music, writing, I'll probably work on my BSBI application (yes, I decided to apply.)

You know what is really interesting? The weather isn't bad at all! It is bright and sunny, but really stinking cold! (Currently -7 F with a windchill of -25 F.) Word on the street is that there was legislation passed within the last year or two forcing schools to close if the windchill is below a certain temperature. Well, we must have hit it. Maybe tomorrow, too! Nah, that's too optimistic.

Huzzah for cold days!

No comments: