Sunday, February 4, 2007

Fuddruckers and Rock

Last night my youth pastor, a whole bunch of my friends, and I went a Disciple show at Club 3 Degrees, and it was a blast!

To start it off, we went to this restaurant named Fuddruckers. It was unlike any restaurant I have ever been to. At this restaurant, you can order a basic burger (1/3 lb., 1/2 lb., or 1 lb.) and pile it high with condiments of your choosing. But the condiment bar wasn’t your usual condiment bar, it looked like the produce department of a grocery store! There were several types of lettuce, several types of onions, tomatoes, pickles, sweet peppers, and others! It was delicious, let me tell ya! I knew that we were going to be jumping around in a concert shortly, and I tried to eat light, but somehow it didn’t work out. The food was just way too good!

The rock was amazing! I hadn’t seen any of the opening bands; now I think I have a couple CDs to buy. Decyfer Down was, in my opinion, mediocre at best. Fireflight was up next, and I thought they played a really great set. It was really rocky, with a chick lead singer. There aren’t many bands like that on tour, and I think I want to pick up their album to add a little more variety to my CD case. The last band before Disciple was Family Force Five, and they really rocked the place. It was a totally different sound than the other 3 bands that played that night, and I think it was excellent! Pretty original, I really really am fo-sure buying that CD. They had an incredible live show! For about half the show, the lead singer was wearing these awesome silver hulk-gloves, one of which had a built in microphone slot. They also had a designated on-stage dancer dude. I’m still not quite sure what to make of him, as he just danced around. It all seemed a little too queer for me, but he did come in handy later in the show. Before the lead singer donned the big gloves, he was playing guitar. But in the middle of one of the songs, he just whipped his guitar off and chucked it at dancer dude. It looked like dancer didn’t really see it coming, and caught it with his face instead of his hands. He was ready for the mike stand when it came at him, though. Dancer dude did get his revenge, as he walked around stage swinging the guitar around his head, just daring someone to come close enough that he could wake them.

I would have had a lot more fun during that set if the big security guard hadn’t been right next to me. I guess he was nice, but he kept telling me to “stand my ground.” It reminded me of the War of Ages song. Anyhow, he was trying to get everyone around him to “stand their ground” and stop the crowd from saying. I tried to tell him that I had several hundred people behind me, but I don’t think he got it. It takes so much more energy fighting the crowd than going with the flow, he should have realized that! He said he was doing it for all the “ladies” in the crowd, but all the ladies looked at him like he was crazy. I really don’t know what he was thinking, you can’t stop the rock’n’roll machine! Not like it was “rock” per-se. I didn’t think the swaying was all that bad to begin with really. I thought he was lucky that he didnt have a fast circle pit on his hands. I wanted to mosh so bad! I did get a decent amount of rocking out headbanging stylie during Disciple’s set, though.

Disciple was amazing! They rocked like crazy, like usual. The lead singer gave a really good gospel presentation, which took a while. that was a good thing, because that burger from Fuddruckers was really not sitting well. For a while I thought I was going to lose it, but the break gave me the perfect amount of time to rest. Right before the slow section half way through their set, I was able to get up to 2nd row: the closest I had been all show. So for the last half of Disciple, I was right up in front with a great view. What really amazed me is that where I was standing it wasn’t tightly packed at all, and I had loads of room to get some good headbanging done.

All in all, a totally amazing evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is totally awesome Disciple and all the other bands so ROCKED that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!