Saturday, August 19, 2006

Gnarly Crap

Gnarly Crap


By Goo

Written 8/19/06

Well, well. It's late and I should be hitting the sack, but I'm up trying to write something.

Well my 50th day of mountainboarding this year was definetly one of the best so far. As I noted yesterday, I found where all the good stuff was hiding at Memorial.

So today, started out easy and worked my way up on the big hills we found yesterday, and then I started hitting gnarly crap.

First up was the drop section. I kinda cleared out a small in-run to the first four foot drop which led to a small right hand bermed corner. Right after the berm sit 3 small rollers and a little straight away to the final six foot drop (at which time you're going pretty stinking fast so you just launch off of it.) Pretty stinking fun section.

After that I hit this dirt jump for a while. That was the first dirt jump I have ever ridden, and it was pretty fun.

Finally I finished up by riding this interesting little gully, and then we pulled out due to gnawing hunger.

All in all, an excellent time out riding.

Related articles: read them in chronological order so they make sense! This is 3 of 4. Click for the culmination of this series of articles, which is all the footage from this day of riding (and a few other previous days) in the "A few days out riding" mountainboarding video.

Post a comment here.

No comments: