Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wandering like a forlorn alley cat without a home... make that a forlorn mountain lion on the roam

So ski season is done (as far as the lifts go), and I don't work again until Saturday, which is like a first. I feel very weird, and distraught. I have skied almost every day that I didn't have to work for the past 3+ months or so. But I have been working a lot, and total ski days so far this year (beginning back in October) have added up to 54 (for which I got a brownie badge at work tonight... Dauna being sarcastic... long story...) . Regardless, it is bike season, and I am stoked to start ripping singletrack on my beautiful new Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0
(I'm going to need to come up with a way to abbreviate that. JDX1? No. My new Jamis? Eh, its ok. Jamis it is.)
Anyhow, its dirt season, but we still have a 130 some in. base at the summit of Big Mtn., with almost 60 in" in the village at roughly 4000'. The valley floor is at 3000, and is only mostly clear of snow. I have heard of some trails down lower in the valley, but I'm guessing even those are going to be way too soupy to ride, especially not knowing the trails in the first place (it could make for a looong, grueling ride... which I have had several of already this year.)

So I've already got 10 days in the saddle, all of which have been road rides, and frankly, I'm ready to rip singletrack. But no singletrack to be had.

So I wander, not like a lost alley cat without a home, but more like a mountain lion on the roam. I suppose it depends on the time of day.


1 comment:

Karlina said...

love the title to the blog :) have a good day