Monday, July 16, 2007

Death at Lifest

In case you had not heard, a teenage girl died on the ride "Air Glory," and it has made news everywhere, including CNN and MSNBC. We all heard about the accident, and it seemed to be the "talk of the town" if you will, and I remember saying "Man, it would suck to die at Lifest." Well, she ended up dieing. We were around the ride every day, and yet, the whole thing seemed really surreal. I didn't know her, and no one in our group new her, no one I know saw the accident or the ambulances or anything, so it was hard to be very sad.

Wow, only 16 years old. She had so much left to live! I mean, I've lived two years longer than that, and I still feel like I have so much left in life to experience! Her youth pastor said that she was a strong Christian, and that she was on fire for God. And yet, God decided to take her to be with Him.

I find it confusing, to have one so young die in a freak accident. It wasn't anything that she did, and yet she paid the price. Or maybe she didn't. She's in heaven, so maybe it is a good thing that she died. Wait, a good thing that she died? I don't know. I'm not entirely sure what to think about it. I, and everyone involved, will just have to trust God on this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I had thought about that too. Maybe God has some other purpose for her life. Not so much what she could have lived, but what her life (and death) can bring to others.

I know it's been getting a lot of media coverage. I've heard lots of comments about "what kind of god could do something like this" especially since it happened at a Christian festival. Just think of the people who's hearts could be changed because of this. Think of all the teens that thought they were invincible and then realized that could have been them an hour earlier.

God doesn't make mistakes. Everything has a purpose. Liz dying is traggic and terrible. She was so young and it shouldn't have happened, but as a Christian. If I knew my death would bring others to Jesus what a blessing that would be.

My friends and I have been praying for her family. That they would feel peace and that the pain would go away, but I think we also need to pray for those whose hearts might be openned because of this and that they would see life in her death.

Anonymous said...

I have wondered about other people who seem really close to God when they die. Keith Green, Rich Mullens, my uncle. Wouldn't it be weird to think that you are so close to God that He wants you with Him? I guess there is more work for me to do here, more glory I can give Him, more love i need to show others.