Thursday, May 3, 2007

Cessation of the Maelstrom

I was just thinking about writing, and about the fact that I have done virtually no writing since the advent of track. I enjoy writing immensely, and the lack of time to do it in makes me rather sad. In the months between the end of English class and the beginning of track, I felt like I was writing up a maelstrom. It all came to a sudden halt with track.

Going out for track seemed like an excellent idea at the time: I would get to participate in a team sport (just to say I'd done it), get in shape for mountainbiking, and get to vault myself into the air on a pole. In reality though, I never got to pole vault (I'm too big for the poles), running does not crossover to biking much at all, and the tiny bit of fun offered by the "team sport" aspect is not nearly worth the time commitment required.

And it is a huge time commitment! I have absolutely no time for anything anymore. My nights consist of one of the following:
1. Track Meet
2. Track Practice, then work
3. Track Practice, then Plumbline
So the only free time I have is on the weekend, and that is getting consumed by work and other mandatory activities. There is no time to write, there is only a very little time to mountainbike and mountainboard. But I've been working my tail off in track for a month and a half, and I'm not about to quit now.

No comments: