Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Allure of Mountainboarding :: Old Randomer

The Allure of Mountainboarding


Goo
5/6/05

I’m driving along, and I see a hill. I analyze it. I size it up. I look at what kind of terrain features it has on it. I think about mountainboarding.

Right now we’re at my grandparent’s house. Tomorrow, we’re planning on buying plants and wood chips and doing yard work in the morning and in the early afternoon, and then later on in the afternoon we’re going to go to a park around here that is supposed to have some excellent single track.

We’re in Red Wing, Minnesota.

If you don’t know anything about Red Wing, let me fill you in. It is right on the Mississippi river, and it has hills. Lots and lots of hills. Much more than central Wisconsin. There are hills everywhere, and several enormous cliffs/bluffs. So, everywhere I look, I think of mountainboarding.

I really want to spend time with my grandparent’s, but I am dreading the yard work tomorrow. Work, work for hours... with mountainboarding all around me, hills everywhere you look. Things you want to ride, but know you can’t, or shouldn’t. Knowing your parents and grand parents want you to spend time with them. Thinking about some possible awesome riding later on in the day. It is not going to be fun.

The place that I am planning on riding tomorrow is a pretty big hill. Actually, that’s an understatement. It’s one of the tallest spots around. Supposedly, it has some killer single track on it. Supposedly. We’ll find out. But, if it turns out to be less than ideal, I could always go road riding. The road up to the top (where there’s a sucky disc golf course with an awesome view) is all down hill, with several switchbacks. If my memory serves me its pretty long with a pretty good grade... the only drawback being the cars.

Well, I’ll get some riding in one way or another. I have to. I need to. I MUST DO IT. I need to go riding...

No comments: