Saturday, March 3, 2007

Wisconsin FINALLY has winter!

And I'm eating it up! Shmeges invited me to go snowmobiling, and we went out and did some trail riding for about an hour and a half. It was excellent! There was soo much powder on the sides, you could just jump up on the side and rip some powder up, then drop back down into the trail and ride, and then rip some more powder... wow, it was great! The only downside was whenever I came to a complete stop and didn't rev my engine, it would die, and then take about 5 minutes to get started again.

After snowmobiling, we headed straight out to Bruce Mound to do some skiing. It was absolutely heavenly! I vote this the best day of skiing I have EVER had at Bruce Mound EVER! It was a real powder day at Bruce Mound! Sunny slope hasn't been groomed in two weeks, and that was fantastic! The sides on Old Main were excellent. It seriously was powder skiing.

Eric and Kevin decided to build a kicker pointing off of the side of the Showoff into this drift that usually accumulates there whenever we have natural snow. Kevin stepped it up and attempted a backflip, but he landed on his head. The powder was just so stinking deep, he just bounced right up, unharmed! So everyone started throwing stuff into the powder. Lots of biffage, but none of it hurt.

At one point I skied the ridge of the drift, and I was making turns in snow over my waist! At Bruce Mound!

I'm so delirous after that amazingness, I think I am writing like utter crappage, but that is ok, because the snow was O-SO-GOOD!

3 comments:

AJ Heil said...

Today (saturday) was better.
I might make a movie out of that kicker stuff.

Goo said...

did you get any stills? you should post those here.

AJ Heil said...

Stills? Bah, it was nighttime!

...I got a few...