Thursday, February 1, 2007

Photography

One of my new classes this semester is photography. Now, I've pretty much wanted to take photography my whole high school career. I really should have taken it 3 years ago when I was really picture-crazy, because after awhile, it wore off.
Why?
#1 My camera died.
#2 I decided that being the guy always taking pictures really wasn't that great. When you're always the photographer, you yourself never really get to live. Everyone else is living, and you're just taking pictures. It is really hard to do both at the same time. Let me give you a couple of examples:
ex#1: Concerts. It's great fun taking photos at shows, but its really hard to kick around in the mosh pit with a camera in your hand.

ex#2: Skiing. It's hard to focus on skiing and photography at the same time. The camera just gets in the way.
In the end I decided that I'd rather be the one in the picture than the one taking the picture.

For the past several years my little brother has developed into quite the photographer. I didn't really have access to a camera anymore, and he took all the shots. But he's reluctant to let me publish them on Randomer, even though some of them are really really good, as is proven by this picture:

Pontiac Grand Prix

At least, I think it is an awesome picture.

Now that I have access to a camera and am in photography class, Randomer will be flooded with photos. I think it will be a good thing, because I know that when I come across a really long winded blog, I don't always have the patience to read through an enormous post. Pictures on the other hand are an excellent change of pace.

So the long and short is: get ready for a plethora of photographs!

No comments: