Friday, February 16, 2007

I pedaled and pedaled, yet I didn't go anywhere!

I spent pretty much all of yesterday at school reading the newest issue of Bike Magazine. The pictures and articles have been excellent so far, and they are really making me want to do more mountainbiking this year.

So naturally I came home from school pumped up for some biking. This past fall my mom had purchased this resistance stand she could set her mountain bike on and ride it during the winter. She also got a training DVD with it that she claimed was really intense, so I decided to try it.

It was pretty intense, and towards the end of the last couple of fast sections I was really struggling. I wasn’t quite pedaling at the highest gear, but close. The 50 minute work out session was broken down broken down into sections of slow pedaling and fast pedaling. After the fact, I think I was supposed to pedal faster than I did in the slow sections, but shift down into a lower gear at the same time. In any case, I felt like I got a pretty good work out. The way I felt starting off, I’m rather surprised that I made it through the whole routine. I guess I’m in better physical condition than I thought I was.

So yeah, it was fun. I’m looking forward to stepping it up a notch next time!

No comments: