Monday, November 27, 2006

The Advent of Winter

The Advent of Winter

By Goo

Written 11/27/06

I have a hard time summing up in words what the advent of the ski season really means to me. Right now it feels as if I'm just killing time: everything I do is just a way to distract myself as the days slip away and December swings into view.

So when it finally hit me that this Friday is the 1st of December, my brain just seemed to reel because... I'm not ready! I've got to get something in the way of ski pants lined up, and I need to get my skis tuned.

For a while those things loomed in my subconscious like big nasty monsters which wouldn't let me ski until I had dealt with them, but as I analyzed these problems they no longer seem quite so threatening.

Problem #1:
No ski pants.
Simple solution:
My mom has drawers bursting with wind-pants. All I really need to do is go up to her and say "Hey Mom, do you have something I could use for ski pants?" As long as I'm skiing I don't really give a crap what I look like.

Problem #2:
Skis not tuned.
Simple solution:
Do nothing. In seasons past I have done early-season skiing without getting my skis tuned since the previous season. They'll get attended to in the near future; there's no reason to fret.

Now all we need is some cold weather so they can make some snow! Some snow... my kingdom for some snow!

Post a comment here.

No comments: