Friday, October 27, 2006

English Woes, and other Ramblings

English Woes, and other Ramblings.

By Goo

Written 10/27/06

I am so sick of English class. I have two English classes back to back 7th and 8th hours for all of first semester. First quarter is almost over, and it is really starting to tell. I can’t handle it. It is just too much English. My nerves are starting to get frayed, all I care about is skiing, and English is just getting to me. 7th and 8th hours are my worst hours, too, because all I am thinking about is getting out of school, and I cannot concentrate on English. I totally bombed the last essay in Advanced Composition, and I have to turn that short 500 word essay into about a 1500 word essay by Monday, and I haven’t added anything yet. And this weekend is the Fall Fantastico (yes!) and that will suck up all of my time tonight and tomorrow.

But really, doubling up on English is a bad idea. I really wanted (well not really really, but decided I should) take these 2 classes, and they are both only offered 1st semester.

Why am I not posting this as a blog? Well, it does have a central theme running through it; not just “um, I worked a lot today,” and because it is “Randomer.” Hey, I thought of a great catch-phrase/slogan for Randomer: “A running commentary on life.” Now if Randomer was a running commentary on life, that would be amazing. That’s is what Randomer should evolve into: a running commentary on life (with mountainboarding videos). That would almost be too limiting. No, maybe it wouldn’t. I will ponder this.

While I’m at it, I am currently pondering moving the bulk of my website to my home computer.
Reasons for:
1. No popups
2. Limitless space
3. No uploading (if I’m at home)
4. More options
The most prominent being no popups. How annoying are the popups to all of you? They really annoy me. Leave a comment with your opinion.

Reasons against:
1. Sphosting server is more reliable than my home computer
2. Limited/no stat tracking services
3. Will not be able to work on website unless I’m in Neillsville
4. No messageboard/will still have to rely on the sphosting message board. It wouldn’t be completely self sufficient. Not that my website is right now, because all the images are hosted on photobucet, and videos on either google or youtube.

Those are my thoughts. Leave a comment if you have any profound insights.

I should probably start working on that English essay.

Post a comment here.

No comments: