Saturday, September 30, 2006

Crazy Racoons, Gut Piles, and Almost Dying

Crazy Racoons, Gut Piles, and Almost Dying.

By Goo

9/30/06

I suppose I should catch up on my newly created blog. Click here to read about my Thursday night escapades.

So that was Thursday. Friday night I went to the homecoming football game. Neillsville dominated. Afterwards, I went over to the Dunham’s, and they taught me this sweet game called “Settlers of Catan.” I highly recommend it. I killed them my first time playing. I’m not entirely sure if the set me up to win or not, but I won by a big margin. Al made some sweet malts. MMM those were delish!

So today I went out to Snyder park to do caretaker stuff, and some camper said that there was a crazy racoon in the pit toilet. He took me to go check it out, and I didn’t hear or see anything. I think he’s crazy. It was probably his but making all the noise. There was also a hunter who didn’t register his campsite, but he wasn’t there so I couldn’t yell at him. But ok, get this: he gutted his deer right next to the campsite. Like RIGHT next to it. He better clean up that gut pile, because it was already stinking when I was there. But really, how would you clean one of those up? A scoop shovel, I suppose. I sure wouldn’t want to do it. Nastycore.

Anyhow, after that, I went mountainbiking out at Levis. That was sweet. I tried to descend Pile Driver, and I only feel twice. My first fall was like a perfect endo, and I landed smack on a rock with my head. It didn’t hurt, and I was like “Huh, good thing I was wearing my helmet,” and hopped on my bike and kept going. Later, I was thinking about the possible outcomes if I hadn’t been wearing my helmet:
Best case senario: I would be lying on the ground unconscious, bleeding, with a concussion.
Worst case senario: I would be dead.
That made me pause for a second. And it was true, too. Good thing I was wearing my helmet (I always wear my helmet when I mountainboard, mountainbike, ski, or snowboard.) So wear your helmet kids!

And then to finish off the day, I worked at IGA for six hours. Talk about fun.

Post a comment here.

No comments: