Friday, August 18, 2006

Mountainbike-tastic

Mountainbike-tastic


By: Goo

Written: 8/18/06

Well, today was a land mark day in Goo's world of mountainbiking. Yes, I said mountianbiking. I went mountainbiking today, and it was the first time that I have ever really ridden single track at a place other than Levis Mound. Today I was riding at Memorial Park in Red Wing, and it was intense! Most of the trails weren't all that technical, but some of the features built into them were hardcore! Big 5 foot drops, 4 foot tall lips on jumps, some rollers, berms, some gnarly bridges, and this sweet teeter-totter that I actually did (my brother as a witness). I didn't hit any of the jumps because I have like 0 jumping experience on a bike, but tomorrow we're going back and I'm gonna board all of it and my little bro will take some killer footage.

Oh yeah, we finally found where all the massive hills were hiding whilst we were mountainbiking, but they turned out to be on the oposite end of the park. Fortunately, though, they all run down to like a golf course, and we will probably be able to park in the parking lot so the hike shouldn't be too bad! And I'll hit up the drops, berms, and jumps... Some of them look absolutely hardcore! It should be like nothing I have ever done on a mountainboard before. I can't wait. Hopefully I don't wreck myself up too bad. But some of that stuff looks intense! My bro should be able to get some killer footage, so look for it up here sometime in the not too distant future.

Related articles: read them in chronological order so they make sense! This is 1 of 4. Click for next article.

Post a comment here.

No comments: