Sunday, April 23, 2006

Why aren't there more mountainboarders?

Why Aren’t There More Mountainboarders?

By Goo

Written 4-23-06

I cannot understand why there aren’t more mountainboarders in this world. I mean, to me, its just such an appealing sport. You challenge yourself continually by trying new runs and tricks and such, and when you succeed, you receive such a gratifying surge of satisfaction that there is nothing that I can relate to you that will effectively translate the feeling in words unless you have mountainboarded before. (Its really neat, because you don’t even have to be good to get that feeling. Just bettering yourself is awesome!) And, to top that off, there is the thrill of speed and/or the thrill of weightlessness, coupled with the possibility of serious bodily injury at any moment! It is such a rush!

But maybe some people don’t get pleasure from that type of thing, I don’t know, because otherwise there would be tons more riders all over the place!

I think the biggest reason that there aren’t loads of mountainboarders ripping around all over the place is because I’m just weird. (Well, not just because I’m weird... more like every mountainboarder.) I guess I (mountainboarders) must be weird to get a kick out of intentionally throwing myself in harm’s way. I’ve heard the term “Adrenaline Junky” used to characterize such people as myself. Maybe that’s just it, maybe I’m an adrenaline addict, and like no one else is. Yeah, that kinda makes sense, because the massive bunch of drug addicts outweigh the adrenaline addicts by a ton. But what do you do with the stoners who are adrenaline junkies, too? Wow, now we have a quandry. Sounds like laundry. Oh well, move on. Maybe not move on, because I’m pretty much done and wrapped up. Hoorah!

Post a comment here.

No comments: