Saturday, February 6, 2010

NEW BLOG: "Greg Rides Trails (....and talks about life)."

Creative Expression

Creative expression: it has always been crucial to who I am as a person. Much of it began to take shape in the form of a newspaper that I published all by myself (with a little help from my Mom) back when I was in elementary school. I wrote all the articles, designed the pages, printed it off, and distributed to all of my friends and friends of the family.

In early and late high school, it manifested itself in awesome hair, adamant musical tastes (which I still hold), and pursuing sports just because I thought they were sweet.

Since then, much of my personal self expression has taken place through the sports that I have poured my time and energy into. Skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing… I love them all! But as a purely creative outlet, my blog was my primary method of expressing and creating. Beginning as an independent website named “Randomer” in 10th grade, spreading out to a straight-up blog by the same name later on, it was an important part of me continuing the trend of being me, and saying what I want to say in a way that I thought was cool.

Hopefully this sort of self expression will make the jump to this new blog of mine, and transform itself on the way over. I want to take it to an HNL. To a semi-professional level of quality, while still maintaining the “me-ness” of it all, and not caring too much about where I put all of my commas.

Welcome to “Greg Rides Trails (…and talks about life.)”

No comments: