Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I would rather write blog posts than my philosophy midterm

Well it is quite true: I would rather write blog posts than my philosophy midterm.  I have a 7 page paper that I should be writing for philosophy class, but I'm procrastinating.  My mind is consumed with trying to overcome the formidable obstacles between no-name blogger and famous professional blogger.  It is going to be a long, long journey my friends.  Why I can't get it out of my head, I don't know.  Maybe that's just the way I am. 

Writing about yourself and what you think, what you feel, what experiences you've had, and what your opinions are is SO much easier than trying to draft a 7 page research-oriented quotation-laden paper about a myriad of philisophical topics that aren't much more than abstract thoughts pinballing around inside my head. 

That and I'm good at procrastinating.

But procrastination is the last thing I need to be doing, because with this new job and all, I have so little time to work with that it's not even funny.  The least I could be doing is reading some of my philosophy book in order to get a better grip on everything that's going on, and to catch up on all the reading that I missed. 

Dang midterm paper.

Why couldn't we just have a test?  Although I suppose having a take-home paper should be easier, the simple magnitude required from us is staggering. 

Oh well, I should get back down on it.  Later.

PS read my main blog at http://gregridestrails.blogspot.com/

No comments: