Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm the next member of the Trail Crew


This sounds like it’s straight out of a fairy tail: free riding trips, free riding gear, a high-end loaner bike (that may become yours), and all you have to do is take pictures and promote it like crazy on the internet? Yep, definitely a daydream straight out of my head; what more could I ask for in life?

I would be the perfect rider to do this for a number of reasons. Firstly, I am very comfortable using the internet to publish content. I have been a member of Facebook for several years, and regularly update my profile with status updates and pictures. I am always posting photos here on my blog, and most often they're all about mountain biking. I take loads of pictures of trails I've ridden, and pictures of my bike and bikes I've ridden are definitely sure to sneak in there and take up some web space.

As well as those, I am one of the top content contributors on the hottest mountain bike site on the web, singletracks.com. (Click here to check out my profile.) I participate there in the forums, as well as submitting reviews and photos for trails and gear.

Finally, and most importantly, I just straight up love to ride for the sake of riding. I get out and hit the singletrack whenever I possibly can, and wherever I can. I have lived and ridden in Wisconsin, Montana, Colorado, and Georgia, and have visited many states in between. I'll be moving from Athens to Dahlonega, Georgia in about two months, and will have all of the best North Georgia singletrack outside my back door, and will be within easy striking range of the world-class singletrack in Pisgah. With trails like that in close proximity, I can lay a BEAT Down on any bike. And, since I'm living in Georgia now, I get to ride ALL YEAR ROUND; no time for ski season anymore! It's just singletrack all the time!

So sign me up.

No comments: