Friday, June 26, 2009

I can't afford to ride!

My bike is in the shop AGAIN! It was just in last week to get some work done on the back brake to the tune of $40, and a week ago my tire pump fell out of a hole in my old dilapidated pack at a cost of $35, and a new pack at $110. and now i think my derailleur is all janked up, and a new x-9 runs close to a hundred. what the crap??? how is all this happening right now when i NEED to be saving money the most, and i'm trying to pinch pennies like crazy???

and that doesn't even begin to mention the flat tires, broken chains, and other smaller repairs.

and my bike was running so well for the last several months... i guess i should have known it couldn't last...

i may need to take up running. i can't afford to keep fixing my bike.

Note: This was originally a topic I posted on the singletracks.com forums. Go here to check out the replies and the resolution.

No comments: