Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rock Climbing at Mt. Yonah


Photobucket
Waking up at 5:30 (yes, am) to go climbing at Yonah.  I felt super groggy, so I took a picture.  Yep, looked as groggy as I felt



Mount Yonah
Yonah.


View from the lower landing zone.

View from the lower landing zone, as the sun rises behind me.
Mount Yonah
Looking up from the lower landing zone to the main face of Yonah.

Photobucket
So I got up at 5:30, drove an hour and 15 min., hiked in a half an hour plus... and they're still sleeping.  Seriously!

Photobucket
She's a cutie!

Photobucket
Chris and Chrissy making breakfast... and my gear, itching to get used.

The Lowers
Chris's rope after leading the lowers 3, waiting for Chrissy to second it.

Lowers 4
The lowers four... my first onsight on real rock!  Yeah, it was only a 5.6 though.

The Lowers
The sun FINALLY hitting the lowers, and we actually start feeling some warmth!  It turned into a GORGEOUS day!

The Lowers 1A
Route 1A, it heads right up the nose of that arete.  I onsighted it... it was a really interesting route.  5.5

It was such a sweet day of climbing!  My first leads on real rock, and just an awesome time with Summer & friends!  

Yeh buddy.

No comments: