Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Es mucho Powdero, pero no esquiar, con espanol muy malo.

Big Mountain has been receiving rather substantial amounts of snow. I took off of work the whole last week that I would be in Montana before Christmas vacation, with the thought that I would ski every day. As it turns out, I was only able to ski the days of Saturday and Sunday.

Why? My car is currently on the injured reserve list. It started making very bad sounds and vibrations, so I took it in. Turns out the bearing that I noticed was going out two months ago is almost completely shot, and I cannot get it worked on until Friday (which is the day I will be departing). So a potential week chock full of skiing has been emptied down the drain due to mechanical difficulties. I'm wondering: is this a lesson that God is teaching me? I have thought a great deal about what my motivations in life are, what my true priorities are, and what is most important to me. I have given my entire life to God (in prayer), every aspect of it: my finances, my relationships, my sports, my career, my schooling... everything I have consciously been given up to him, and have followed it up with actions (Please see James, "faith without works is dead.") But, I have decided that skiing is a worthy pursuit and activity, and God has given me a passion for it, and I should pursue it. And yet, I am realizing, that even when I pursue that passion, I still must keep my eyes on what really matters. Is God trying to tell me that through this week? I've been consciously making decisions to do this, and yet, maybe I need more of a smack on the head. Hey, I just realized: I've told God that if ever he really wants me to do anything, he is going to need to beat me over the head otherwise I'm not going to get the hint. (Well, that specific prayer wasn't in the context of skiing... it was... another context... but a smack over the head is always nice.)

So yeah, lots of Pow on real mountains, no skiing for Goo. Phoey.

No comments: