Monday, August 20, 2007

Big Sky Bible Institute

As you may know, this fall I will be attending school at Big Sky Bible Institute in Big Fork, Montana. BSBI is a 1 year Bible study course. It is set up in modules, and each week the school brings in a different pastor or professor to teach. Topics that we will be covering range from studying a specific section of the Bible (ex: Romans), to how to study the Bible (ex: studying the wisdom books), to a topic studied from a Christian viewpoint (ex: Christian finances). It is a very small school, and our class this year consists of 9 students, none of whom I have met yet.

Naturally, I have been thinking about school all summer, as there are quite a few things that I have no clue about. For instance, I have been wondering what my class mates are going to be like, what the campus will be like, how much free time we'll have, how much I'll have to work, where I'm going to even get a job, how tough will the classes be, will my car be sufficient for the next year, where am I going to get decent skis for cheap, what am I going to do if I keep breaking my bike, and other associated problems.

Those issues have occupied my thoughts all summer, but hopefully it looks like things will be pulling together. I believe I just acquired an excellent pair of skis for dirt cheap, and my car... well we won't get into that right now. But with God's help, the quandary of where I was going to find skis to ride for not much money may be resolved. Believe it or not, it really was one of the problems in the forefront of my mind. I really should have had a new pair of skis two years ago, but I have been just getting by on the ones I currently own. I have two pair which I have been riding: a pair of 150 cm Atomic C:9's and a pair of 160 cm Salomon Verses. The Atomics are a great pair of skis, but they are just two short for me: they just can't hold me when I lay them over in the turns. The Salomons, while they are long enough, simply will not lay over at all. They are basically a rental quality ski, which I have been spending most of my time on for the past 2 years. But that problem my be fixed via eBay. Last January/February I bought a pair of skis off of eBay, but they never came. I did get my money back, but alas, no skis.

Anyhow, I've been thinking about school all summer, and the first day of school is only 20 days away! It is almost here! Yeah, I'm getting excited!

No comments: