Monday, July 9, 2007

Jumping off of a bridge

I jumped off of a bridge this weekend. I didn't die though. It really is me writing this post.

So yeah, I was going to attempt to create a well-written post about me jumping off of bridge and swinging into a lake on a rope swing, but I just decided that I really don't like trying to make things sound good, even though I enjoy reading good writing.

Whatever, so I jumped off of a bridge twice this weekend, and it was really sweet! It was about 20-30 feet high. I've always wanted to jump off of something into a body of water that wasn't a diving board, and this was the first time I have ever done it! It was a load of fun, because that's me for you: doing random things that are potentially life threatening and occasionally illegal, like jumping off of a bridge. But that made it even more fun: we had to make sure to watch for cops and other cars before we jumped. That also gave the added benefit of having to jump quickly, without letting the nerves build up. I actually had no problem jumping. I would have thought that I would have started thinking about all the things that could go wrong, and that I would have seized up... but no such thing happened.

So the long and short of it is: I jumped off the bridge, broke the law, and had a blast.

Yeah, you here that: it was illegal! What up. Do you think I shouldn't have done it because it was illegal? I say not: I saw someone jump before me, it looked perfectly okay, there were no cops around, I jumped, I didn't come close to hitting bottom, and I didn't get caught. In Goo's book of morals, this is totally acceptable. What about your book of morals? Is this unacceptable?

How about a Biblical worldview? Was that not a Christ-like thing to do?

How about some comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is also illigal to burn drift wood... but i do it anyway....my question is.... why don't you find a place to jump off of that isn't illigal... then you won't even have to worry about the question of is it wrong or is it not.
-Katie

Anonymous said...

I think you know the answer to the question. Christians are to submit to the authority over them such as our government and police unless it conflicts with God's moral law.

Are you thus saying that you don't trust God or believe God when he told us about obeying authority?

The other angle is that there are some strange laws on the books that are no longer enforced that we shouldn't worry about. But in your case, if you were looking around for cops, it seems like you committed a crime. Oh baby, the thrill of sin..........

Alan - aka wet blanket