Sunday, July 29, 2007

Female Lingerie and Slam Dancing

Due to a little persuasion from my dad and my lightning fast reflexes, I now find myself the proud owner of an article of women's lingerie. It has been years and years since I was at a wedding, and back in the day I never caught the garter. Well this time, I did. What I'm going to do with it, I'm not totally sure. My dad says that you're supposed to hang it from your rear view mirror, to show that you're available and looking, but honestly, I don't think I could drive around with lingerie visible through my windshield. Seriously now!

My dad ALSO said that traditionally the girl who caught the bouquet and the guy that caught the garter had to dance. Really, what is up with traditions such as these? Incredibly awkward! Especially since I don't dance (unless you're talking slam-dancing).

That's the most I am going to say on this topic. As anyone reading Randomer has probably noticed, I try not to write about relationships with the fairer sex. That would just get me into too many sticky situations.

3 comments:

AJ Heil said...

It is just an item of clothing used to hold up stockings.

I wouldn't call it "Lingerie".

AJ Heil said...

...Ok, maybe it is...

Anonymous said...

Bubbs, good correction on your statement. Enough said.

Goo, thank you for not putting that around your rearview mirror. I hate it everytime I see that and I wouldn't do a good job of keeping my mouth shut if you were doing it. Of course in Montana it might be cool.

Alan