Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Majesty of God :: Old Randomer

The Majesty of God


By: Goo
Written: 1-9-06

Author’s note:
This is something of a mental image that I had while I listened to Francis Chan preach from Revelations 4. It is not like a vision I had or a dream or anything, but it is just kind of what I envisioned in my brain. But it is written from the first person view as if it actually happened.


I saw what looked like a molten glob of rock, a ways off in the distance. It looked like a rock, but it wasn’t. It appeared to pulse with life. It was mostly colored ruby red, but the red surface was broken up by a spiral of a diamond colored material which ran throughout the object. It floated above a colossal golden throne, which was flanked by two semi-circle ranks of 12 thrones each. Those thrones were also gold, but they were just puny play things compared to the might of the central seat. Upon each one of the lesser seats sat a human, each well advanced in age, and all crowned with gold. The entire area in which the throne resided was shrouded in an emerald-green light. From the central throne lightning spiked upward into the sky, lighting up the clouds and illuminating the whole scene. Accompanying each flash was a resounding “crash-boom.”

As I stated, the throne was a ways off, but visible. In between where I stood and the origin of the lightning there was a vast expanse of open area, a perfect mirror reflecting all the goings on in the sky. A light wind gently swept across my line of vision, and ripples appeared on the “mirror.” It is a good thing I didn’t step onto it. Hovering above the rather odd “water,” immediately in front of the throne, were seven bonfires of flame, which ascended into the sky. They also appeared to descend infinitely into the depths of the silvery expanse.

But as I gazed into the mirror the fascinating events unfolding there caught my eye. I looked up to the sky. And my jaw dropped. There were four creatures soaring through the skies above the glassy expanse. But all four of them were entirely comprised of optical orbs, that is, eyes. One resembled a lion, one resembled an eagle, one looked like a human, and one looked like a cow (of all things.) They each had six wings, with two they covered up their faces, another pair covered their feet, and the other two provided power for flight.

As they flew, they cried out “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come. The whole earth is full of His glory!”

“Who is this God?” I cried out to them.

“I Am,” came a deep voice which resonated from the powerful presence of the golden throne.

The flying lion swooped down and offered me a ride to the throne. The beating of its wings created ripples in the water as it waited for me to hop aboard its back. As we traveled across, the presence upon the throne seemed to grow and grow as we approached. I realized that it, or rather He, was further away than I had thought. At last we passed between the columns of fire, penetrated the green haze, and stopped at the foot of God’s throne. Immediately after my foot touched the stone I fell on my face, prostrate in his presence. The words “unworthy, dirty, filthy” ran through my head.

“I’m not worthy!” I screamed in despair and self-loathing. “I can’t approach You!”

But then, out from behind the throne stepped a man. He walked over to me and lifted up my head. I noticed that there were holes bored straight through his hands.

“You can approach me,” He said, “and I’ll pass whatever you say on to My Father.”

We went for a long walk down a street paved with gold and talked for hours. I’ve never met anyone like him.

No comments: