Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Bike or Board Quandry

I've been struggling with several decisions over the past couple of weeks, most of which pertain to work, college, finances, and the relationship between the three. I'm not going to get into all of those at this point in time, but I have been able to make most of the decisions that I needed to. There is another decision, though, that I have not been able to make. In the eventuality that I have a scant few hours that are not already accounted for, which should I do: mountain bike, or mountain board? I know, I know, it is truly a trivial decision; yet it is one of the one's that I have the most trouble making.

Let me break it down for you. Mountainboarding is my first love, so often times I feel obligated to give it precedence over mountainbiking. But, I have not mountainbiked nearly as much as I have mountainboarded, so I end up viewing mountainbiking as a new challenge to be conquered. It isn’t that mountainboarding is no longer a challenge; it's just that I feel as if the terrain is no longer a challenge. I've been riding at Levis Mound for four years, and I feel like I know exactly where every single rock and root lies. Anyhow, I concluded that if I had new terrain to ride, I would definitely rather go mountainboarding.

Based on those criteria I decided to go mountainbiking last Sunday. There was only one section of single track that I had not yet ridden out at Levis Mound, and I decided that I wanted to ride it. Incidentally, there is a massive hill on it that looks ideal for mountainboarding. So as a result of making the decision to bike, I influenced my next several choices to the boarding side of things.

Those were the main arguments/criteria that went into my decision last weekend. Most of the time, however, there are several other factors that play a role into my general bike/board decision making; but as I was writing this I didn’t have time to entirely finish it, and now it seems complete enough. So ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.