Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bandits! :: Old Randomer

Written by Ben (previously on Randomer):

Bandits!


By: Ben.
Released: 6-6-05 Shakka and Cortan were riding North toward the village the goblins were attacking. Cortan was immersed in a thick spellbook.

“What spells do you know?” Shakka asked warily. Some of the apprentice mages were not well trained.

“Oh, I know fireball and heal,” Cortan said, not looking up.

“But any Silver Knight, myself included, knows those!” Shakka exclaimed.

“That’s why I’m researching lightning magic,” he responded, pointing at the book.

“Now if you’ll stop bothering me, I’ll keep researching.” He once again buried his face in the book.

Shakka continued riding in silence.

After a few more hours, they began to cross an open plain. A little ways across, Shakka saw a group of men gathered around something. As they got nearer, it appeared that the men were kicking someone on the ground.

Shakka pointed it out to Cortan. “We should go stop those men,” he said.

Cortan looked up. “We should stay out of their business, and we can’t afford to lose time on our mission.”

“I’m going to go stop them,” said Shakka.

“I’m not going to help,” replied Cortan.

Shakka ignored him and walked toward the men. When he got closer he could see that the men were kicking a young girl, about 10 years old.

“Pardon me,” Shakka interjected. “But I must ask you to cease your assault on this defenseless child.”

One of the bandits turned and looked at him.

“She can go as soon as she hands over them expensive jewels she’s carrying,” he said.

“If they are hers, then you will leave them in her possession,” Shakka told him.

“All right Mr. Knight,” said the bandit. “Either you leave, or we kill you. It’s five on one, so you will lose.”

Shakka turned and started to walk away. “Yeah, that’s what I thought!” roared the bandit. Shakka turned and looked at him. The bandit made a very rude gesture towards Shakka. Shakka pulled the pistol he had gotten and started shooting. Three of the bandits got caught by them immediately. The other two started running. One of them got away. The other got caught by another bullet.

“Thank you,” said the girl, bleeding from several gouges.

“How far are you from home?” asked Shakka.

“I live by those mountains,” she answered, pointing to some mountains a few miles

away. “I can get the rest of the way myself, don’t worry.” A few minutes later, Shakka and Cortan were on their way to the Stone Kingdom again.

No comments: