Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Real Recording

Written 3/26/07.

The past two weeks at WCCN I have been reading old news broadcasts and old commercials into an old tape recorded. The next day, I would sit down with Paul and listen to the recording. He would critique it, and then I would go record something else in order to try and fix whatever problems Paul found in my last recording. It certainly was a learning experience, but after two weeks spent talking to a tape recorder, I was ready to be done.

Today when I walked into the station, I was surprised to find Paul not in his chair in the studio, but over in the recording room. I was even more surprised when he said “You’re going to be recording some real stuff today!” The person that was supposed to record the “Memories Minutes” (public service announcements) over the weekend forgot to, providing me with an opportunity to do some real recording!

The time went by incredibly fast! I was even a little late to 7th hour, but not by much. I can’t wait for next time!

3 comments:

AJ Heil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ Heil said...

What, is it going to air?

Goo said...

it is already on the air