Thursday, February 22, 2007

WCCN: The first week

I was up at WCCN twice this week.

The first day, I did not do a whole lot. I watched some more, tried to remember some things, but I did ask him several rather deep music related questions. Good conversation.

The second day, I got to push some buttons! I didn’t get to choose the music or talk, but I got to run the stuff for a little while. It was pretty fun! It isn’t like it was super tough, but when you have to remember to do four different things all at the same time, it can get sort of hectic! He didn’t tell me exactly what to push all the time, I tried to remember from what I had seen him do what I needed to do.

I think my experience with the sound board at church has been advantageous and will continue to be advantageous as I continue to work there. Their sound board is not nearly as complicated as the one at church, but at church, once you get the levels set, you’re pretty much good to go for a while. At the station, there seems to be a lot of adjustments, so the simple controls are counterbalanced by the need to use them more.

Anyhow, it was a load of fun! I can’t wait for next week!

No comments: