Friday, May 5, 2006

Thoughts from a cliff top

Thoughts From a Cliff Top


By Goo

5-5-06

Well here I am, taking a break from mountainboarding and sitting on top of a good sized cliff. The clouds cleared up pretty good about 15 minutes ago, and now the sun's just a blazing down.

I love mountainboarding. You can go from adrenaline pumping action to relative solitude in seconds. If it wasn't for all the noise from highway 95, it would be like totally quiet.

But it isn't.

No wonder my fear of heights has diminished so much over the years. I do random stuff like this all the time. I've kinda confronted my fears and overcome them.

For a bit there I was just lying down with my head over the edge. That felt cool. Mainly, because this a big ole cliff, and most of the section that I am sitting on juts out away from the main cliff. So if you look over the edge, you can't see the bottom of the cliff. It's pretty eerie. But an extremely cool feeling.

I wonder if I should go back to riding? Nah, its just perfect up here! Yeah, the clouds are really dispersing nicely, now. It was so gloomy when I got out here!

Ha! The clouds are just about right to make cloud shadows. You know what I'm talking about: when you can look out over the landscape and see darkened areas where the clouds are blocking out most of the sunlight. Hey! There's a big one right next to me!

Post a comment here.

No comments: