Sunday, April 9, 2006

Mountainboarding

Mountainboarding


4/9/06

By Goo

Nathan, Brent, and I went mountainboarding today. AJ tagged along and streetboarded some. But today wasn’t just any old day spent screaming down a hill on a board.

We had been riding 5th Street near the school, and it is quite a nice hill. Probably one of the best hills in Neillsville, and you can really get a good head of speed up. Well this guy was driving along and he was like “How fast do you go on those things?”

I responded, “I dunno. You wanna clock me?”

And he was like “Sure!.”

So I bombed straight down at about as high of a speed as I could muster and he followed me down, and turns out that I got up to about 30 miles per hour by the time I hit the bottom of the hill. That’s not too shabby! But the thing of it was, I didn’t even feel like I was going too stinking fast. I bet I can go faster!

Our riding came to a premature end when a cop pulled up beside us. He talked really quiet, so I couldn’t hear what he was saying. But I think I got the gist of it: “Some loser called in a complaint, right during the middle of my afternoon nap. Now I had to drive down here and yell at you punks. Now scram.” (told you I couldn’t quite hear him, so I had to paraphrase. I dought he was really napping, although that would have been hilarious.)

Well well it looks like the cops have finally taken the time to tell us off for mountainboarding. Looks like the way we look at street riding has changed forever. Dang Neillsville is so stupid. “Lets make a law banning skateboarding over the entire town. If anyone wants to skateboard, let them do it at the skatepark.” What a way to make the average kid hate authority. Wait how about the law banning any kid from loitering near downtown? How is that for senile? I vote we put some people into public office whose brains can be seen without using a microscope.

But then if you look at most people, they enojy watching us mountainboard around town. I talked to an elderly lady who was really nice who had lived on top of that hill all her life, and she came out to talk to us and see what we were up to, and she told me about how she used to sled down that hill when she was a kid. And then there's that dude in the truck, who was more than willing to take time out of his life to clock my speed. So why is this lame ordinance even in existence? It is totally bogus!

I guess we'll just have to avoid capture. Who can say dreamboarding?

Post a comment on this rant here.

No comments: