Thursday, August 23, 2007

Laid up, and pondering the state of the world

As I am currently laid up with 6 stitches in my foot, I will probably have a lot of free time on my hands to post a bunch of randomness up here on Randomer. Right now, I feel like there was something interesting I was going to right about, but I can't remember what it was. Nevertheless, I feel like rambling right now.

What I'm going to ramble about, I haven't entirely decided yet. Maybe the state of the world that we live in. That is one of the things that I think about most of the time when I'm working: the general state of the world: why people do what they do, what makes them tick. No seriously, that's what I think about most of the time. That and the upcoming school year. I usually end up with the conviction that I should be reading my Bible more, because life with out Christ at the center appears futile. Yet, I still struggle with doing my quiet times. Whenever I think about what non-christians possible motivations for living are, I always arrive at the conclusion that life without Christ must feel pretty hollow. I feel hollow enough with Christ in my life. That thought usually leads me to the idea that I should read my Bible more, but from there it usually doesn't go anywhere. I did have a couple of quiet times this week, which was good. But on the whole, it typically isn't what it should be. I don't know why, but it has always been a struggle for me.

No comments: